Dapper MAAN Grenache 2015
The Dapper MAAN Grenache embodies all the virtues we associate with the term "dapper"; Elegance, style, generosity, class, sophistication and of course handsomeness.
In wine terms that equates to a delicate and pretty wine, with a soft, supple mouthfeel. Full of flavours of sweetfruits, spice and subtle oak. Perfect for any drinker with a brain... or heart
Beautiful, elegant colour. Brilliant dark cherry red, hues of purple, light-medium concentration.
Very aromatic nose, it leaps out of the glass. Lots of fruit, Cherries, Plums, Boysenberry, Guava, but with a slight doughiness that gives the fruit a platform of baked goods such as danishes, or fruit pies. Slight oakiness, but very subtle. Slight booziness, but blows off very quickly.
The palate is very juicy and more-ish. Rich fruit characters that showed on the nose are joined by red licorice, musk, vanilla, cinnamon, and some confectionary strawberries and cream. There’s a slight smokiness from the oak, and it’s a touch drying but this is more indicative of good ageing potential than anything else. Overall, it’s soft and smooth, has a great shape, and is fleshy but firm. Perfect example of an elegant McLaren Vale Grenache.
- Harvested from 42 yr old vines (The Rayner Grenache vineyard was planted in 1973)
- 100% 2015 McLaren Vale Grenache
- Harvest Date, 1st March 2015
- Hand-picked with love by friends and family
- 20% Whole Bunch Ferment
- Wild Ferment
- Old School techniques of foot-stomping and plunging as methods of fermentation management
- Alcohol volume 15.% alc/vol
- 8.9 Standard Drinks
- pH 3.58
- Seasoned French Oak used for maturation
- 112 cases produced
- Artwork: Tom Rumble