Handy MAAN GSM 2015
Handy MAAN GSM embodies all the virtues we associate with the term "Handy"; Accesible, practical, convenient, ever versatile and always great value.
The blend of these 3 varieties gives this wine a perfect balance of power and restraint. The Grenache gives lifted flavours of strawberry and guava; The Mourvedre, spice and complexity; And the Shiraz, colour and guts. Making it a wine which offers something for everyone, in any situation
Deep matte purple colour, lovely rich colour. Hints of crimson but very dark purple hues.
On the nose, dark cherry, blueberry, rhubarb, tropical notes of sweet tangerine, ripe mango, passionfruit and paw paw, orange zest. As well as a slight muskiness, rosewater, burnt sugar, spice such as cardamom and cloves, and green tea and red creaming soda.
On the palate there is a slight dusty oak chariness, but it is quite restrained. Hints of secondary characters to come on with time are vanilla, leather and tobacco, with a slight grainy tannin. The acid is very approachable, with good all-round balance. It is very front-mid palate loaded, making it a very smashable affair. Lovely linear structure with a very rounded mid-section, and smooth tannins with a medium length but very generous finish.
- Blend Components: Grenache (50%), Shiraz (28.5%), Mourvedre (21.5%)
- 100% 2015 McLaren Vale fruit
- Grenache from 42yr old Rayner vineyard vines
- Shiraz from 25 yr old Coriole estate vines
- Mourvedre from 15 yr old Willunga Vines
- A combination of Hand and Machine Harvested
- Alcohol Volume 14.5% alc/vol
- 8.3 Standard Drinks
- pH 3.60
- Seasoned French oak as well as oak alternatives used
- 113 Cases produced
- Artist: Tom Rumble