- 300g of lamb backstrap
- 1 ½ tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- 150g of lemon and garlic marinated Kalamata olives, drained
- 100g of greek feta, cubed
- ¾ teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Roll the backstraps in the pepper, pressing the pepper on with your fingers.
- Cover and refridgerate for about 15 minutes.
- Place the tomato, cucumber, olives, feta and ½ teaspoon of the dried oregano in a bowl.
- Heat a large chargrill pan or barbecue plate, brush with oil and when very hot, cook the lamb for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your like (keep warm).
- Whisk the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, reserved lamata oil and the remaining dried oregano together well – Season.
- Pour half the dressing over the salad, toss together and arrange on a serving platter.
- Cut the lamb on the diagonal into 1cm thick slices and arrange on top of the salad.
- Pour the rest of the dressing on top and serve – serves 4